Code of Conduct & School Rules
We want to continue to raise standards and further emphasise the idea that we are all here to learn. To make as much progress as possible, we would like to draw everyone’s attention to what we believe are the ‘non negotiables’ in achieving this. These are designed to ensure that all students can make the most of their learning time by avoiding lengthy discussions about the school rules and the sanctions associated with them. These will further enhance the positive and supportive culture we have at our school and maximise every learning opportunity so that you enjoy school and do well.
Be “Ready to Learn” and fully equipped for the lesson (with student planner, pen, pencil, ruler)
Must walk around the school quietly and calmly
- Must be dressed appropriately and follow the school uniform policy (this includes no hoodies, earphones or excessive make-up)
- Must switch off mobile phones on arrival at school and keep them switched off and out of sight until you leave the school premises at the end of the day
- Must arrive at lessons on time
Must enter the room calmly and sensibly - in each lesson there will be a seating plan which you will be expected to adhere to
Must follow the reasonable instructions of members of staff immediately and without fuss
Must wait to be dismissed by the teacher and leave in an orderly manner
We all need to show courtesy and respect to each other at all times
Behave at all times with consideration for others
Speak politely to everyone. (shouting is always rude). Remember that the School's reputation depends upon you and the way you speak and behave.
Move quietly and sensibly about the School
This means never running or shouting, but being ready to open doors stand back to let people passed also helping to carry things. Keep to the left and take special care on the stairs.
Keep the Clere clean and tidy
This means you use the litter bins. Do not bring chewing gum or tippex fluid to school, as they are messy; nor glass bottles, which can be dangerous. Do not bring items such as radios, mobile telephones or personal stereos.
Do your best in your lesson
Be on time. Always bring the right equipment with you and that includes your student planner. Treat all equipment with respect. There must be no eating or drinking in lessons
- You must register 8:40 a.m and 1.20 p.m.
- If you miss registration after 9.00 a.m you must report to reception.
- You must remain on the school premises at break and lunch time. If you need to leave school at other times, a note from your parents should be sent to your tutor. You must sign out at reception before you leave and after you return to school.
- If you are absent from school your parents must ring the school absence line each morning of your absence. On return to school bring a note to your tutor from your parents explaining your absence.
- You must wear the correct school uniform in school and on school activities. If you are temporarily without the correct full school uniform you should bring a note from home explaining the reason to your tutor.
- You must not bring smoking equipment, alcohol or and illegal substance into school. Do not bring to school; radios, disk players, MP3'S/4'S, iPods, hand held gaming consoles, mobile phones, skateboards, scooters, aerosols, glass bottles and chewing gum.
- You may cycle to school if you obtain a cycle pass. You must not cycle on the school site.
- You must only eat refreshment in specified eating areas at break or lunch time. Eating at other time is not allowed.
- If you have to bring medications to school, they must be left at reception, not carried around the school.
- You must not involve yourself in any form of bullying, verbally or physically (refer to the school leaflet on bullying)
- You should not run, block doorways, corridors or behave in any way that is a danger to others.