Objectives of the Student Council Group
- Provide a democratic forum in which students can address those school related issues, which affect their lives.
- Maintain open communication between students and school staff.
- Train students in the duties and responsibilities of good citizenship.
Each elected representative has responsibility for the following:
- Being an excellent role model for other students in terms of both presentation and behaviour
- Attending all Student Council meetings as required
- Taking notes to the meeting of items for consideration -Feeding back from the Student Council Meetings
- Ensuring that he/she or the tutor reads the daily bulletin or any additional information that has been put in the register folder
- Informing Mr Essop or Mrs Martin if there are any issues with any of the above.
- Lead fund-raising events
- Contribute to the smooth running of Student Council events